Why is food delivery always late? We thought we would explain.
Here’s what happens when you place an order with a restaurant or an online ordering site. The cooks receive the orders and try to prepare the food as quickly as they can, while accommodating take-out and delivery orders that come in at different times. They are also sending out food to diners at the restaurant itself.
Once your meal is prepared, it is transferred to a standard Styrofoam container that threatens to spill the food in the plastic bag. And then the food waits. And waits.
Why this delay? Very often, the person in charge of delivering the food hasn’t yet returned from another delivery. He may be stuck in traffic, or lost, or at the other end of town. In the meantime, your food is getting cold and its quality is deteriorating. By the time the delivery gets to you, it is late, lukewarm and leaking. That’s not how dinner should be.
Here is how Stadium is turning around food delivery in New York.
1. Our restaurant partners don’t deliver your food; they only focus on preparing it. Stadium picks up the food from them and delivers it to you on time.
2. Members preorder their food. This gives restaurants time to plan the meal and gives Stadium time to plan how it will be delivered to you.
3. The food is packaged in strong, eco-friendly containers. There are no leaks.
4. The food is hot and ready-to-eat because it did not sit out on a counter waiting to be picked up. It also did not visit the other end of town before arriving at your door.
5. Stadium is local. Right now, we are only serving select areas of the city so that we can ensure that the food gets to all our members on time. We don’t try to stretch our reach at the cost of your dinner.
It’s time to say goodbye to late delivery and mediocre food. Stadium is bringing you fresh, hot dinners that arrive at your door exactly when you want it.