You come home late, tired from a hectic day. You're of course, starving yet there is nothing in the fridge (unless you count the jar of pickles). The oven and stove are also lacking any semblance of what could comprise a meal.
What do you do?
First off, we don't want this situation to happen to anyone, so let's focus on how to avoid it completely! There are a few things to consider:
- Timing - what time do you usually have dinner? Is it the same time everyday?
- Consider having dinner at the same time everyday or atleast a few times a week.
- Hunger levels - do you get extremely hungry during dinner time because you skipped lunch or didn't have an afternoon snack?
- Consider afternoon snacks so you don't want to tear off anyone's head while waiting for your dinner.
- Number of household members - who else is in your household that looks to you for dinner or you look to them?
- Consider coordinating with other member's of your household, so you're all aware of the dinner plans for the week.
All of these must be taken account, but to counteract that dreaded question, your best defense is to PLAN ahead!
Sunday night is the perfect time to plan out your week through grocery shopping, pre-planning meals, or ordering meals ahead of time for those busy days of back to back events.
Do you plan your dinner plans in advance? So, what's for dinner?